Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{hatch}



I don't know if everyone thinks about an exit strategy for his/her current job/situation/life but I have a few I kick around, especially around week 7 or 8 of the quarter. One is to run off to exotic lands and do development work, another is to become a social entrepreneur, but one of my favorites is to have a little shop specializing in terrariums and other fun little living objects d'art called "hatch." This name was the brainchild of my lovely friend Ingrid aka the Voice of Fun who is also hatching up her own escape plans and thus, for both of us, this is the perfect name: {escape} hatch. (We'll just keep the {escape} part betweenyouandme)



There's just something appealing about having a miniature little world all contained in a lovely vessel. From each angle, there is something different to see and it gives me a whole different perspective on the universe we live in when I hold one of these before me.



I love the terrariums from Twig. Each of theirs has a narrative of some sort, created by the use of little figurines in each of their little contained worlds. Talk about an escape hatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment