Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fresh from the Farm This Week



Blueberries and cherries, which were not planted by me but of which I am a grateful partaker, are ripening, and the birds are definitely aware of it. I'm also pulling up the last of the leeks that I planted in the fall, but I'm afraid I've waited too long as the stems have become incredibly woody.



Snow peas are in abundance this week as well as black kale. The chrysanthemums are starting to bloom, which causes the greens to become bitter, so again, I'm learning that timing is everything in planting and harvesting.



The happy campers in the garden are again the lettuces. 4 types this time as well as some lovely spinach. Those are also starting to bolt so each time I try to pick what I can and stall the inevitable but alas, time waits for no man, woman, or plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment