Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tulip Fever


I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've written in this blog!  I won't give too many excuses but one reason is this (yes, I've been cheating on Sieve with another blog but that's all over now) and another is this, an almost Twitter-like version of Sieve.  But in looking over this space, I feel it still serves a purpose so with new resolve, I'm going to start again and apologize with flowers.  Tulips, to be specific.








  
The Tulip Festival in the Skagit Valley perfectly illustrates the idea that "April prepares her green traffic light, and the world thinks Go" (Christopher Marlowe).  This year we were lucky to be there on a lovely sunny day, the blue canvas of the sky really setting off the glow of these jewel-like blooms.  On days like this, it's easy to see how spring is all about faith, renewal, and rebirth--a perfect time to begin again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment