Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Halcyon Days

Ike had been skipping class for about two weeks when I got this email, titled "hello teach," (a moniker that I hate because it sounds like we're in high school) from him. My co-worker Paul thought I should print and post this so that when I'm old and wrinkly and no student ever would even think of hitting on me, that I could remember the good ol' days:

I do not want to offend you by eney means!!!... ms.shen im not sure why i pay attention to small detail but I do.......anyways I wanted to ask you a bold question...maybe on the account that I haven't seen a wedding ring on your hand......would youlike to go out some time and maybe have dinner or some drinks......maybe maybe maybe? if not i apologize for being to forward I just think a woman with your intelegence and know how is something great!!!! please let me know .....no disrespect intended!!!!!

Is it terrible that my first reaction is, "Couldn't he have at least spell-checked the darn thing?" Halcyon days, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment