Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuff White People Like?

Calling someone a "douchebag" or a "doosh" is just not in my lexicon of regularly used insults. Neither do I know many people who call other people such a thing. I think the first time I heard someone use that was when I was watching "The Royal Tennenbaums," a movie whose wide-spread appeal I had difficulty understanding. It wasn't until a few years later when I came across the website "Stuff White People Like" and saw that Wes Anderson films were on the list that it clicked. So I wonder is calling someone a "douchebag" also a white person thing? Or maybe it's a generational thing, as in it skipped Gen X? In a highly non-scientific poll around the lunch room, the other person roughly my age also did not use said epithet whereas the person roughly ten years older as well as the person roughly ten years younger did.

On a related note, my co-worker who is a beekeeper working as a singer working as a pottery instructor said that our biology co-worker was talking about douching in class one day and said during his lecture that "douching monkeys around with the natural bacteria down there" to which a student replied, "What are douching monkeys?" Students. Gotta love 'em.

On another related note, my co-worker who thinks every abstruse thing (not to be confused with obtuse as you can see here) should be a band name thought that "Douching Monkeys" would make a good band name.

No comments:

Post a Comment