Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fresh from the Farm Last Month

June















I know, I know, last month doesn't seem very fresh, does it?  But I'm slowly catching up and perhaps we'll be in real time with the farm fresh produce by the end of the summer (fingers crossed!).  With all this warm weather we've been having, the garden has been going gangbusters, and it's hard to keep up with everything.  (Spoiler alert: the zucchini that tried to take over the world will be making an appearance sometime soon.)  The blueberry and Rainier cherry season ended awhile ago but not before a lot of cobblers, pie, and jam was made!  Little helper elves made picking fun although I missed Team Locust who would've never left those last cherries on the tree.

A poem aptly titled, "Cherries" by Wilfrid Wilson Gibson to end with:

A handful of cherries
She gave me in passing,
The wizened old woman,
And wished me good luck--
And again I was dreaming,
A boy in the sunshine,
And life but an orchard
Of cherries to pluck.


No comments:

Post a Comment